Monday 4 January 2016

I had an absolutely fabulous Day.

The day started, like any other.  Yesterday's post was written the night before, but set to post before I got up.  That's the way I post all my posts.

In the morning, like any other morning, I tweeted about the post.  If the post is about nobody particular, I tweet the title of the post.  If the post mentions a person, I tweet about the post, and mention the person whose in the tweet.  If I've written about you, you should know I have, and I tell you so in a tweet.

Raffi, the person I wrote about yesterday, retweeted my tweet, and wow.  All day long I saw my blog post stats raise.  For those of you that don't know, blogger, who hosts this blog, provides stats, which tell the blogger (in this case me), how many people read each post, and a variety of other things.

These numbers, can make me happy when they raise.  I've wondered about this, really I have.  Why do I need external validation?  Shouldn't just simply posting it and having nobody read it, be just as rewarding as posting it and having many people read it?  If I dug really deep into this external validation question, I could make my self sad again, and I'm not going to do that.  I simply don't want to.

As the readers of my post kept rising, so did my spirits.  And now here comes the awkward part of this post.  When this post is posted tomorrow, should I tweet Raffi again?  Would that be like asking him to retweet again?  I don't want to make him feel awkward or obligated (although I wouldn't mind another retweet), but I do think if I write about something, I should tell them I've written about him/her.

The day followed with more colouring, and more Raffi, although this time I didn't really need to listen to it on youtube.  I just sang songs like "Mr. Sun", and "Brush my Teeth", whenever I thought about it all day long.  It became a joke between my mother and I.  "What Raffi song can I come up with for every situation."

And then the evening as filled with watching an extremely funny gameshow called "The whole 19 yards".  Mom and I laughed out loud as we watched this.  It was the first time we watched it, and I'm really glad I found it on youtube.

Our dog was actually the one that wanted us to watch.  In the evening, we often watch youtube videos while laying on Mom's bed, and placing the computer between us.  Tonight our dog made such a ruckus about not going to the bedroom to watch youtube videos, that we eventually gave in and went.   So thanks dog.  But I'm not going to tweet her, because my dog doesn't have her own twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment