Thursday 24 December 2015

We won't be doing anything special for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.

Hi:

   Long time no see.

   For those of you who were still looking at my blog when I was sick and not posting, thanks for still coming to my blog, and reading the referral posts I made.

   I'm feeling better.  My antibiotics aren't done, but I am feeling better.

   My mother is still sick, and wobbly.  For those of you who haven't read my about page, I am my mother's full time caregiver.  She has Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, and was in the hospital for a long time.  When she gets an infection, many of the symptoms from her NPH come back.  Right now she has a bladder infection (her 3rd in two months), and she's still wobbly, and sick feeling.  She needs to hold on to somebody when she walks outside, gets tired easily, and didn't want to celebrate christmas at all.

  Last night, we went out for super with my brother, sister-in-law and nephew.  It was a horrible supper, that tasted bad, but the waiter gave very good service.  We left him a large tip.  I never really know what to tip, but this time we all agreed, that he did a wonderful job and deserved a big tip.

   Christmas will be really weird, because we aren't doing anything.  We're just going to stay home.  It's not fair to go out for super, on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day.  My brother, sister-in-law and nephew are going to one of their friends houses on Christmas Day.  My mother, father and I are just going to stay home, and pretend it's just a day that's not special.

  That kinda makes me sad.  I wish we could actually do something on Christmas.  We exchanged gifts today, before going out to eat, but....  We it just doesn't seem right.

  On the way home we saw a horrible three car accident.  I read in the news, that nine people were sent to hospital.  One of them even had a heart attack in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, but the EMT's were able to revive him.  He and one other person are in critical condition.

   They might be having one horrible christmas and might just wish it was just any other day.  If you are the praying kind, please pray for them?

No comments:

Post a Comment