Friday 4 December 2015

Comparing Apples and Oranges?

You can compare apples and oranges, and don't let any one tell you, you can't.

Apples are red, green or yellow.  Oranges are orange or green.

Apples may or may not be pealed before eating.  Oranges always need to be peeled before eating.

Apples have cores.  Oranges do not.

Apples can't be eaten with braces.  Oranges can be eaten with braces.

Apples are not naturally sections.  Oranges are naturally sectioned.

See.   I just compared apples and oranges, and I could go on if I wanted to.

When a person tells you "that's comparing apples and oranges", what they really mean is "shut up I don't want to hear that reasoning", and what they are really thinking is "darn, you've got a really good point that I can't answer, so I'm going to shut you down and direct the conversation in a direction that will make me seem superior."

Don't let somebody else do that.  If you want to say something.  Say it.  If you want to believe something believe it.  Don't let anybody else shut down your line of thinking or conversation.  You have a right, to believe think and say what you want to, even if it is comparing apples and oranges.

Because...

Apples don't have pulp.  Oranges do have pulp.

No comments:

Post a Comment