Tuesday 1 December 2015

Sewer Snakes

Yes, I have learned to use a sewer snake.  It is not my favourite thing to do, and it wasn't fun learning how to do it.

But I do know, and right now the sewer is backed up again, and there is a small flood in our basement.  The washing machine, kiln, and deepfreeze are all in at least 3 inches of water.  The dryer is, fortunately out of harms way, along with an old dresser that's stored down there, and the garbage can.

Mom is going to call the plumber tomorrow.  Dad and I already spent an entire evening using the sewer snake last weekend.  And now, after only a week, it's backed up again.

The question is: can the deep freeze, kiln, and washer, remain in water over night, or should I go down and try to fix it.  Dad's out of town.  He's not even in the county.  And it will be just me, trying to use a sewer snake that took two of us to use last time.

And well....  I just talked myself out of it.  The freezer, dryer and kiln will just have to wait....

Until tomorrow.  When the plumber gets here, with an even bigger sewer snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment